mis·cel·la·ne·ous
–adjective

1. Consisting of members or elements of different kinds; of mixed character: a book of miscellaneous essays on American history.

2. Having various qualities, aspects, or subjects: a miscellaneous discussion.



Friday, July 22, 2011

Don't Waste It On Bagels!

I usually don’t keep two bricks of cream cheese on hand.  However there they were, in my fridge, calling my name…  “Use me… use me… and not on bagels!”  Needless to say a Google search for cheesecake bars yields about a thousand recipes.  I didn’t have a “go to” recipe for cheesecake bars that I could pull out.  I DO NOW!

If you are an authentic baked cheesecake purist you’ll probably wince at the thought of making cheesecake BARS, not in a springform pan and water bath.  If you are pressed for time and just love a good cheesecake “anything” you’ll jump for joy when you make this recipe.

I followed the directions and ingredients exactly.  Oh wait, no I didn’t.  I used two teaspoons of *GASP* bottled lemon juice because that’s what I had, not fresh.  The three sweet freaks in our house didn’t seem to notice a difference.

This is the first recipe ever that I have made from this blog.  But I guarantee it won’t be the last.  I can’t wait to peruse other recipe categories and find more winners!  Oh wait… it gets better…  She’s from WISCONSIN!  So you know the girl knows a good dairy anything recipe.

Let me know what you think of this recipe when you make them.  Cuz you know you’re running out right now to get cream cheese, if it’s not already beckoning to you.

2 comments:

michele said...

Thanks so much for the link. I can't wait to try these!

Mel said...

Hey, thanks for the shout out! I love hearing from other Wisconsinites - you know, we all have to kind of stick together - so very glad you loved these cheesecake bars!